Frequently Asked Questions
What will your development include?
- 314 Residential Apartments
- 119 room boutique hotel
- 900 person Coastal Convention Centre
- 2,982 sqm of retail space
- Three level Public Observation Deck, Exhibition Space and Restaurant at the top of the west tower
- 720 Car Parking Bays, including 313 public bays
- WA Market Hall showcasing the best of WA produce.
- WA Coast Experience Centre showcasing the WA cost from Esperance to Wyndham
- 2,200 estimate construction jobs
- $155+ million in economic benefits per year
Who are 3 oceans and what other developments have you completed?
- Headquartered in Perth – Western Australia
- Dual tourism / hospitality and development focus – 3 Oceans Winery
- Focus on iconic developments in premium locations
- Legacy building and experienced in delivering world class outcomes
- International development exposure and experience, China; Singapore, Hong Kong
- Diversified portfolio from tourism; hospitality; retail; office building and mixed use developments
- Average 500,000 square meters mixed used property per annum since 2007
- Catalyst projects in WA:
- North Fremantle
How will this development benefit the local area?
We see this development as a strategically important asset for WA from a residential, tourism, recreation, retail and business district perspective. It will promote tourism, provide a new place for local people to enjoy, improve the accommodation offering, and create exciting new retail and food opportunities.
How is the project being funded?
The project will be funded privately and enhance the investment already provided by local and state governments, to create a transformative and iconic development of international standard; celebrating Scarborough’s identity and delivering world class attractions for locals and visitors alike.
When do you expect construction to start and how long will it take?
With development approval now granted, early works will commence in July 2018 with construction to begin in January 2019.
Will local contractors and suppliers be given priority consideration as part of the construction phase?
There will be significant employment opportunities, particularly during construction and positions will be offered to the most suitable, job ready applicants.
How many jobs (temporary/permanent) will construction and operation of this development create?
The project will create an estimated 2,200 construction jobs, and 718 permanent full time jobs upon project completion*.
*Economic analysis provided by Urbis March 2018.
What kind of disruption will there be to roads in the area at the time of construction?
We are already working with urban planners and transport specialists to discuss the most appropriate way to manage traffic issues during this timeframe.
Who will operate the completed Hotel?
Details are to be finalised, pending development approval, however given the high quality of our proposed development, we are seeking a high-quality operator upon completion.